If you want to post youtube clips look here

Saul

If you want to post youtube clips look here

Post by Saul » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:21

After speaking to Irinushka tonight it was clear that the original code I had used to allow the embedding of of youtube clips on the forum was no longer working. I have now fixed this with one difference. Instead of using the code you get from clicking the "Embed" button on the youtube page you can now simply copy and past the url so for example the one for the Kate Rusby video below looks like this :

Code: Select all

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaN8M0pDOeM[/youtube]
The youtube bits are generated by pressing the youtube button above the message box when posting a message and the url is the bit in the address bar of your web browser when viewing a video on youtube. Just copy and paste the address between the youtube tags.

If you are still unsure of how this works just let me know and I will try to explain another way. I am aware that what seems clear to me may not be so clear to someone else.

Massimo

Re: If you want to post youtube clips look here

Post by Massimo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:47

Thank you Saul for your very very quick and efficient night-time intervention! :D

Irina is now translating your explanation in italian and russian and I think that now it's easier than before, so nobody should have problems adapting to the new mode of operation.

PS:
For me and Irina it was a real pleasure to finally meet you and Sasha, the only regret is for the very short time we had together... next time you'll have to stay here longer, so that we can at least show you some of our mountains and surroundings.

Saul

Post by Saul » Sat Aug 28, 2010 20:20

Thanks Massimo. It was fantastic to meet you both and I do hope it will be the first of many such meetings over the coming years :) Shame we could not stay longer but our schedule was disrupted this time around. Next trip we won't attempt to visit so many places in such a short amount of time!

As you can see the forum is now up and running again. It was just some corrupted data. I ran a repair on the offending table and that corrected the error.

I think we now have internet at the remainder of our stop overs so should be able to keep in touch to help with any other problems as they arise :)

All the best.

Saul

Irinushka
Site Admin

Post by Irinushka » Thu Sep 16, 2010 17:50

Saul, sorry, but the youtube button doesn't work... :(
AIRI-SON

Tornerò a sollecitare le vostre anime

"Съешь же ещё этих мягких французских булок, да выпей чаю." :figurati : ... : : down :

Saul

Post by Saul » Thu Sep 16, 2010 19:30

Yes looks like it's not working again. I'll look into it and see what I can find out.

Saul

Post by Saul » Thu Sep 16, 2010 22:51

Ok so the button does work but you have to post a "direct" link to the video, not a related link. What I mean by that is if you do a search on youtube for a vid you can use the url of that search result but if you then click on another video on the same page that will be a "related" link and for some reason will not work. I'm not sure why that is just yet but I will endeavor to find out.